We’re Ada & Eric, the founders of Sightsee & Sushi.
Unlike other travel blogs, we didn’t “quit our jobs” to travel the world; in fact, we’re in Japan because Eric is stationed here as part of the US Navy.
Other than that fact, we’re just a simple Filipino-American family living in Japan and trying to explore as much as we can.
Our focus is to help first-time travelers and fellow foreigners temporarily assigned to Japan explore the country, not just the right way but the “better and smarter” way.
And by this, we mean we help you to get the BEST deals to maximize your experience. Our blog focuses on carefully-curated tours and experiences, attractions, restaurants, and unique activities in Japan, all while not sacrificing comfort.
There’s so much more to Japan than Tokyo, and we want to share the lesser-known detour destinations with all of you!
Follow us on:
Get Started Here
First time in Japan?
- Complete Japan travel checklist
- Things I wish I knew before going to Japan
- Essential apps to download for your trip to Japan
- Our recommended Japan travel guide books to read
- Tokyo attractions and things to do that are CHEAPER to buy online
- Tokyo tourist traps to avoid and where to go instead
- Heading to Tokyo for the Olympics? Find the best places to stay near the Olympic Stadium
About Ada Wilkinson
Ada was a frustrated traveler at heart who only experienced “real travel” after graduating from college.
Before she met her husband, she was a solo traveler in the Philippines and maintained a travel blog helping people on how to explore the Philippines on a budget.
She loves writing travel guides which are her forte.
Unfortunately, after moving to Japan, the blog was left unmaintained due to the move and life change.
She started Sightsee & Sushi along with her husband in 2018, where she is the “Sightsee” side of the team doing most of the research about new areas to explore in Japan.
About Eric Wilkinson
Eric joined the US Navy in 2006, as a way to travel the world, but with the ultimate goal of living in Japan.
That wish came true in 2009 and was a fulfillment of a lifelong dream which took root from the first time he watched Dragonball as a child.
Before meeting his wife, Eric had never considered blogging, or even writing in general, as a hobby or occupation, and was only focused on his military career.
That all changed when his wife started asking him to edit some articles for her to make it sound “more American,” which is where he found he enjoyed writing more than his chosen career.
He is the “Sushi” side of Sightsee and Sushi, due to his passion for food and finding hidden family-operated restaurants.
He also, as of 2019, edits much of the content written on the site.
About our little Dora
You may see our little one occasionally pop-up in our blog posts, but that’s because she’s a part of it! Now three years old, her favorite pastimes seem to be running around everywhere we go, picking up as many rocks as she can fit into her pockets, and playing at every playground she finds!
Dora has nothing to post yet, but she will soon 😀References:
- Cebu Pacific. (n.d.). Cebu Pacific Wandering Juan Contest Winners [YouTube]. Retrieved October 30, 2019, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=_BM700zu6vE
- Toral, J. (2009, October 27). Post-Eyeball: The Top Ten Emerging Influential Blogs for 2009. Retrieved October 30, 2019, from http://www.influentialblogger.net/2009/08/post-eyeball-top-ten-emerging.html